Think Outside the Box!
Did you know that 82% of consumers place their trust in print advertisements over other sources when making purchasing decisions? This statistic clearly demonstrates that print marketing remains a force to be reckoned with. Surprisingly, even the tech-savvy Millennial generation embraces print media, with approximately 33% of them maintaining active subscriptions to newspapers and magazines. However, while print marketing is undoubtedly a powerful tool, it still needs to be appropriately utilized to achieve the desired results. Therefore, it all begins with thinking about the vehicle for your print, the protective armor, the fondant to your cake – the packaging!
Embracing Creative Shapes and Materials in Mailings
The first thing you should do when designing print marketing collateral as a small business owner is to leverage every opportunity to think outside the box and make an impression. Moreover, print marketing already has a leg up on other materials because it is tangible, allowing people to hold it in their hands and pin it up on their refrigerator for later. If you send out materials in standard shapes, you risk getting lost in the sea of every other piece of mail someone happened to get that day. Even sending out larger, odd-sized envelopes or pieces in shapes that aren’t perfect squares or rectangles is a great way to stand out and get noticed. The same is true of experimenting with heavier card stock when printing. Sometimes, feeling different from everything else in someone’s mailbox is all you need to make that first impression people can’t get enough of.
Mailing a simple letter or a flyer? Perhaps a catalog? Consider trying out these envelope options! Unique shapes can take place on your packaging and can be just as effective as mail pieces that don’t conform to the standard. Envelopes with wide windows and different colors will help you standout from the typical sea of off-white paper.
- Open End Envelopes
- Full Window Envelopes
- #10 and #9 Window Envelopes
- Double Window Envelopes
- Booklet Envelopes
- Bottom Flap Window Envelopes
- All Purpose Window Envelopes
Prints and Boxes
- Door Hangers are unique prints that hang on the handles of doors. These vibrant prints stand out against the plain wood textures. The unique shape and cutout allows it to be put in an area that most eyes are drawn too upon entering and exiting a location!
- Trifold and cutout Brochures are also a great way to differentiate from the crowd. Information hidden behind the flaps encourages customers to interact with the mail piece to view the brand’s message. Entice the viewer’s eye by incorporating cutouts that feature captivating shapes, lettering, and imagery positioned strategically in front of folds or cuts. This technique creates an engaging visual effect that draws attention.
- Decals and stickers is a great way to incorporate different shapes and material! Choose between gloss or matte finishes, Astrobright or Vinyl materials, and utilize stickers for easy handouts, mailouts, interactive experiences, and personalized messaging options to meet your specific needs!
- Pillow boxes and fans have the most unique shapes you can pick for your print projects! 3D prints stand out over flat 2D prints and can possibly double as packaging. Bonus!
Don’t Forget Paper Types!
Businesses often overlook the effectiveness of paper types in capturing their customer’s attention. Choosing heavier and/or coated paper stock shows a carefulness in providing quality messaging to a brand’s customers. This makes them more likely to keep and view printed pieces. For prints utilizing heavy imagery, consider glossy paper to make the colors appear more vibrant. For text heavy prints, consider a matte coating to help eliminate glare.
By Broadstroke, Inc. / Published JULY 18TH, 2023
There are so many ways to reward, retain, and capture the attention of your loyal customers, and we can help! Contact us today to learn how we can help you in marketing, print, and mail!
Call – 316.262.3333
Email – moreinfo(at)broadstrokeinc.com